Sunday, December 11, 2011

My first bug fix!

So I just pushed a bug fix to the Tweepy library. I found a bug here: https://github.com/tweepy/tweepy/issues/41 that seemed like low hanging fruit. The loop that was reading information from the server response was very naive and basically assumed there would be no problems. I changed it to check the server status before each loop. This should solve the problem.

Pull Request: https://github.com/tweepy/tweepy/pull/139

Diff: https://github.com/tjr1351/tweepy/commit/d459ab929b18409534f15920e32ff35d0adc36f7

Although the change itself is not huge, I had to do a bit of research to figure out how to get the server status and then what status numbers to look for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment